Friday, July 24, 2009

Meanwhile, back in New Mexico...

For three years I had a pitiful looking plant given to me unrequested by the friend of a disreputable attorney for whom I briefly worked. It's a sea onion, she said. I've tried to look it up and it might be a "false sea onion."

False or true, this year it's blooming, and I'm missing it. Holly is documenting it, and it might still have some more to do after I'm home in a couple of weeks:


I got a Learn Nothing Day shirt that didn't fit me, but Holly has made a skirt of it.


Keith called today. I was in The Museum of Childhood, a distracting, noisy place, and I never heard or felt the phone. I called him back, at work, later and it was very nice to hear his voice. He loves me.

And here where I am, the view from the terrace/deck/balcony/porch-thing is this, from the left, and then to the right.



The internet is very spotty here, so I'll upload other photos when I get to more solid ethereal ground, metaphorically and mixédly speaking.

2 comments:

Madeline Rains said...

Speaking of onions, I love mine from New Mexico. We ate them with gratitude and took pictures of the plants. I never sent you tomato seeds because it turned out that Nicolas stopped saving them last year. His mother didn't stop so I'll send them to you this year.

Steve Muhlberger said...

False whatever --- ask someone who knows Cornwall. There is some tropical transplant in seaside gardens there that grows HUGE and it looks a bit like that.