Monday, October 26, 2009

When I fall down I call Keith

So...
I have physical therapy here really soon. I got up early, it was dark, Keith had turned off all lights because he does. I didn't turn enough on, tripped on a cardboard box the cat might have knocked down, and fell in the hall. On carpet and on "my good knee," but still...

Had my hands full of phone, wallet, pills, pen, hair ties (stuff that's usually in my jeans but I'm taking a bag and wearing knit pants).

SO I'm on the ground in the dark. With a phone. So I call Keith at work to complain that he should leave a light on and then I cried because my knee hurt. Softly so I wouldn't wake Marty up.

That's clumsiness, immaturity and whininess and still Keith was nice. I figured out how to get up, with two legs hurting, made some tea and toast, and now I'm leaving. The exercises are going to hurt more today than usual. Wah wah wah.

Should've used the phone as a flashlight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can also be clumsy, which I always follow with being immature and whiny, and my husband is always nice to me, too. We're lucky ladies.

By the way, when I hurt myself, my family says I have such a weird way of saying "Ow." It's very angry-sounding. I'm mad that I'm hurt!

I hope you feel better ...

Christa said...

Ouch!

A few days ago I tripped and fell on the pavement in front of the grocery store because I was in a hurry and running in clogs. I didn't get hurt, just some soreness, but quite the clumsy moment.