Sunday, October 24, 2010

Food!

I went digging in my bag for a pen at 4:00 a.m. (awake too early, but I hope I'll come around to a normal schedule soon), I found these:



I didn't catch the name of them, but I got them yesterday at a regional fair. They're sweet but not too sweet, slightly fruity, heavy and filling. Good! Because I didn't want to go and rummage for food and risk waking someone up.

I'm putting some photos of what I saw yesterday, with very little explanation, because I don't have much explanation, here: http://sandraindia2010.blogspot.com/

It will take me a while to add all that I have already, and there will be more every day, so check back again later.

2 comments:

Sandra Dodd said...

Must stash food every night!

"Laddu" is what is pictured above. ("Laddoo was also mentioned as an alternate spelling, but I said I would let google decide. It's about even among laddu, laddoo and ladoo, so there it is.)

Laddoo search

Shilpa said...

Yea, Laddoo it is and one can find laddoos made from many things - Semolina, Gram flour, almonds, sesame seeds, puffed rice, dates, dry fruits, fenugreek seeds.... The best ones use ghee (clarified butter), and jaggery ...Part of festivities, quick snack for kids, special ones are also given to women post-pregnancy to rebuild their systems, improve milk production, relief from back pain.