Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Canned Unicorn

I will admit I have had fantasies of eating meat in the past week. Yesterday I actually had a small amount of chicken, and a pork-sausage hot-dog which was really good. Most days, though, home or restaurant, it's vegetarian with an occasional egg and little to no cheese. Yoghurt and paneer and "groundnut"(peanut) chikki are protein. The food is really tasty but it's not what I'm used to.

Then this came in the mail
Really. An advertisement for canned unicorn meat.

I read every detail and thought "oooh.... how fun to take this can to Thanksgiving, maybe..." and then I thought about it and decided I really LOVED Indian vegetarian food and will be glad to eat no meat for the next three days.

4 comments:

~Katherine said...

Oh I can relate to this blogpost. I always wanted to try vegetarianism and the reality is just not like I thought it would be.

Anonymous said...

I assume you knew this was an April fool's joke?

Sandra Dodd said...

I assume you did not go to the link. It's a Think Geek item for sale. (But it's not edible; you need to follow the link and read their very entertaining description.)

I assume you didn't think that I believed it was real unicorn meat.

Cap'n Franko said...

I'm confident I could turn the contents of that can into an edible etouffe.

Pretty confident.