Thursday, August 27, 2015

August went away!

The first week of August, Keith and I went to Chama and rode the train with my sister Irene, and our daughter Holly. Holly stayed with us in a rental home just three blocks from the train station. It was wonderful all kinds of ways, but on the middle day, in the train, the last hour and a half or so, I started being ill. That was Wednesday, August 5.

First it seemed like urinary tract problem, but Holly went and fetched pills and cranberry juice, and I was well very quickly.

At home, I got worse and worse until I went to urgent care on Sunday, August 9.
Later in the week I wasn't much better, so I went back and got more and different pills and a codein cough syrup prescribed and bought.

I'm writing this on August 27. Yesterday was the last day of the meds. I can breathe deeply without coughing, and for two days I don't feel low-lung crud. I tire easily and am not as clever as usual. Kind of slow, and I love to sleep.

Keith has been playing a lot of Dr. Mario with me during that time, because while I'm playing, I don't cough. I've wondered about that, but it's very therapeutic. Something about flow, I figure. Attention, shallow breathing, distraction, posture? Between games, I'd cough up some. But it was the most helpful thing of all.

I didn't have the energy to write much about the train trip (and I didn't write it here) but some of the photos are beautiful. It's quite a photogenic situation.




photo of Irene, by Holly

No comments: