Wednesday, March 03, 2010

I Can't Stay Mad at You

Holly and I heard part of this in a store somewhere on our trip to Colorado. She wasn't familiar with it, and I was singing along.

On one of the discussions about unschoolers getting along with their spouses, someone asked about movies with happy couples in them. Probably there are some, but movies tend to be about problems more than about peaceful situations. Songs, though... there are LOTS of songs about love. I have a collection, but this one doesn't seem to fit it. Still it's a great song.



My other collection is songs that describe the physical sensation of being in love:
http://biochemicallove.blogspot.com/ LOVE: Romantic Biochemistry

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'd never heard that song before either -- and I've got a number of years on Holly. Thanks for mentioning it!

Sandra Dodd said...

I wondered about people not having heard this, and I looked it up. Surprise! (Not such a surprise, now that I think about it...)

"Davis achieved one other country pop hit with the Carole King-penned song "I Can't Stay Mad At You," which became a Top 10 pop hit for her, peaking at #7 in 1963. "

Carole King, huh? :-)