Monday, September 13, 2010

10 Things You Should Know Before Moving Next Door to Us

I just found this as a draft, in my "edit posts" section. When I wrote it up in June, it was in response to something Ronnie Maier had on her blog, and I suppose, looking at it, that I either intended to write more, or thought this was too boring. But now that I look back at it I see peace and comfort more than "boring." Sometimes my life is very plain and good.

1. Our dog is Gudrun. We have a dog door; she might be in the front yard. If that bothers you, say "Go home" and she will go to the back, or into the house.

2. Names and phone numbers... (I do write those down on an index card or sticky note when we get new neighbors in the cul-de-sac, and give them to them.)

3. Keith goes to work really early; sorry about the Harley racket some mornings.

4. On Monday morning, if anyone parks on the curb, none of us will have our trash picked up, so move cars in on Sunday night.

5. It's okay if our kids are leaving very late at night; they'll come back. [About teens and up.]

6. If Keith is outside hitting things with a long stick, don't worry. He's exercising or practicing something.

7. If there is smoke coming from the back yard, it's probably us heating the hot tub. We have an exemption to use it even on no-burn nights, for Keith's arthritis.

8. We have quite a bit of company, but if they're staying long we'll get them to park in the back.

9. Our kids didn't go to school and they're fine. If you want information about unschooling, I have some.

10. We're more normal than we look.


(from http://zombieprincess.blogspot.com/2010/06/10-things-you-should-know-about-us.html
who got it from http://www.drmomma.org/2010/06/10-things-you-should-know-before-moving.html)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

We're more normal than we look. LOL!
I intended to do this post too and forgot about it. Thanks for sharing :)

Alex Polikowsky said...

Love your dog!!!
This was pretty fun!