- My house is fun.
- I have company sometimes on short notice.
- Holly likes to talk to me.
- People need to eat.
- There are live chats (one tomorrow, in fact...).
- I'm invited to showers and performances and such.
- People order copies of the other book, and I have to print and file papers and pack books and go to the post office and read a book while I stand in line. (HAVE to. )
- When I go to a webpage to find what I want to quote or summarize for the new book (which is a summary of the web page), I follow links and read, or I find something to tweak in the formatting.
- I receive fascinating e-mail, and sometimes the e-mail of lunatics (which can also be fascinating).
- Furniture and televisions keep being rearranged.
- We have accepted custody of two cats who are still very spooked about the greater house and yard, and our already-cats are wondering what is up. I am, of late, a social worker and counsellor for felines.
- I'm going to a wedding this weekend. The friend who was my bridesmaid is getting married, to the guy she was living with before I met Keith. Keith and I have been together 31 years (married for 25).
- My yard needs water, and my flowers keep being beautiful: Day lilies, lilies of the Nile, morning glories, mimosa, various things whose names I don't know, and I have a tomato blossoming, and a potato about to bloom/blossom/whatever potato plants do when they make those beautiful flowers.
- Always Learning is a great list—interesting every single day, and I can't stop reading it because... because it's my list? No, because I don't want to get behind.
- I need to blog about these things sometimes.
- I want to eat chocolate.
When will I finish a book? Sooner if I go back to it right now.
Holly's going to do the cover for me. We have a plan but it can't really be seen yet. Too raw. Mostly sketchy and wordy.