Friday, April 04, 2008

Holly two ways

The first image is Holly captured in her natural environment by Quinn Trainor, who visited us for two weeks recently.



This is Holly on the roof with her best friends, Quinn and Brett, after they'd been in the hot tub with light sticks. The photo is by a camera on a timer that was set on top of the covered swamp cooler, very far above the ground without a tether (thinks the mom, of that expensive camera...).

I like Holly all kinds of ways.





If I do these, I'll go and check what others have done, and I like that. I won't remember to do them always, but I'm just going to piggy-back it on whatever other post I might have on that Friday, if any.


1. Last night I saw my friend Ben Emerson.

2. The memory of a Maypole on a foggy, early Spring morning makes me wanna dance! (somewhere I do have a photo of that, bu not online; it was at the Old Atenveldt Reunion at the Texas Rennaisance Faire site in the early 1980's)

3. Splitting a few appetizers between friends is best done at Garduño's

4. Lyle Perry is someone I'd like to get to know better.



5. The smell of cool, wet dirt reminds me so much of springtime! (There's a bulb that came up in my yard a couple of weeks ago and has bloomed pink already.)

6. Holly reminded me how aware she is and that made it all better.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Keith being home, tomorrow my plans include playing in the yard (a.k.a. "yardwork," but it's fun!) and Sunday, I want to make lots of sets of Thinking Sticks!

5 comments:

Tina said...

She's very beautiful Sandra.

Janet said...

Hi, Sandra, I'm Janet and I do the Friday Fill-Ins; thanks for your lovely comment over there !

Your daughter seems like a creative girl...kinda like her mother ;-)

Love Ben's tats!

Thanks for playing, have lots of fun this weekend :-)

cre8tivkj said...

Hey, great anwswers! How did you get that video (or moving pic???) in your post? I'd like to do that some time. Happy Friday! Mine is up too.

Sandra Dodd said...

-=- How did you get that video (or moving pic???) in your post? -=-

My clever daughter Holly made it. It's a .gif file made with combinations of still images. "Animated gif." She uses Photoshop Elements, but there are other ways. I don't know how to do it. Here are some others she did:
Wait a second or two for that one. It's still at first.

This is my favorite: http://sandradodd.blogspot.com/2007/10/holly-and-ben.html

There are a few others I don't have.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Great pictures and great Fill Ins! I like the smell of dirt in the garden but not in the house. LOL
Have a great weekend and hope you can stop by!