Tuesday, December 01, 2009

OOOPS

After being *so careful* for weeks, it broke. The #2 long, crazy bloom of the false sea onion broke off.



The good news is, I don't need to be so careful anymore! We know from the last time that the ultimate result is not beauty but just one long, long ratty former bloom. And the better news, I guess, is that I broke it my own self, so the memory won't involve me being cranky that someone else broke it.

So that's off the checklist. I broke it trying to re-do the table fountain, which I had taken apart because it was hardly running, because the pump was crudded up. It pumped vinegar in the sink for a while, and then I got careless.

Keith teases me for liking baby plants but not big, grown plants. I think it's because I want to see what they will do, and what they look like in different stages, and how to propagate them. I don't want to own giant jungly plants. I want to learn about plants and then give them away.

1 comment:

Hema Bharadwaj said...

aaaw... thats sad. It was one crazy bloom... i was wondering when i would get long enough to reach the kitchen island. and whether the main stem would support that outward growth.