Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Quiet like a library

The Albuquerque airport is quiet like a library (except for homeland security recordings).




This morning when Keith let me off at the airport on his way to work, he said he was glad I was being able to travel. I said I was having fun. He said I wouldn't have ten years ago, and that's true. I went alone a few times to an SCA event or a homeschooling conference, but it wasn't really fully relaxing, because I was worried about the kids and wanted to go home as soon as I could. But now I'm able to sit and talk, or sit and relax, and it really works!

Those with young children can feel that it's forever and ever. Having come out the other end with now-grown children (or largely mostly grown, at 18, Miss Holly Dodd), I'm more mobile and relaxed. Very nice.

No comments: