Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Trivia about ME

I lifted this from Schuyler's blog, http://waynforth.blogspot.com/

1. Full name?
Sandra Lynn Dodd (used to be Adams)

2. Were you named after anyone?
Not the Sandra—mom just liked it and said "it's not 'Sandy'." My dad's dad was Lynn Adams, no middle initial. Dad was Kirby Lynn Adams. Holly got the Lynn in our family, so she's the fourth "Lynn" but only my Papaw Adams was called "Lynn," not counting that in Texas I was "Sandra Lynn" to relatives.

3. Are you married?
Yes, 21 years, plus six years of living together before that.

4. When did you last cry?
Watching Desperate Housewives scene when Lynette is crying on the soccer field because she feels like a terrible mom and Bree and Susan tell her they were overwhelmed too, when their children were little. Lynette said something like "Why didn't you tell me? We need to tell each other these things." I got tears in my eyes and I felt myself holding my breath. And I had seen the scene before.

5. Do you like your handwriting?
Yes. I swiped the best parts from Joseph Garcia's writing in high school. His was better, but it helped mine.

6. What is your favorite lunch?
Can't decide; not particular. Fish sandwich at Burger King is nice. Curry chicken salad from Raley's is great.

7. Where is your favorite place to eat lunch out?
Maybe Golden Pride, with someone else to hang out and talk to. Company makes lunch nice.

8. Names and ages of kids:
Kirby (19), Marty (17) and Holly (14)

9. If you were another person would you be friends with you?
Depends what kind of other person I was.

10. Do you have a journal?
No. I write lots, but it's scattered out in personal correspondence and various public internet places.

11. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Used to with familiar friends when I was younger. It's rarer now. Sometimes with Marty, for fun. He zings back merrily.

12. Would you bungee jump?
No. Not an adrenaline junkie; not jockish; not adventurous.

13. What is your favorite cereal?
Bite-sized frosted mini-wheats.

14. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Those with ties, yeah.

15. Do you think that you are strong?
Some ways; not physical.

16. What is your favorite ice cream?
Something with hot fudge on it.

17. Favorite TV Show?
Boston Legal

18. Red or Pink?
Red

19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
Desire for people to use English better. I wish I knew and cared less about that sometimes.

20. Who do you miss most?
It changes. Some will be back around periodically; some exist well in memory and letters and photos.

21. Do you want everyone you send this to send it back?
Nah.

22. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
blue flip-flops, blue denim jeans

24. What are you listening to right now?
Boston Legal DVD, second episode, season 1.

25. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Green!

26. Last person you got an e-mail from?
Someone who wants to reprint my Deschooling article. I hoped for an e-mail from a high school friend; maybe today.

**What Happened to #27??***
It's right here, unlike #23.

28. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
I never thought about it. Carriage/posture, I guess.

29. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
It wasn't sent, it was acquired, like a venereal disease, sort of [Schuyler wrote that; I agree]

30. Favorite Drink?
tea

31. Favorite Sport to Watch?
I don't watch any.

32. Hair Color?
brown getting grey

33. Eye Color?
brown

34. Do you wear contacts?
No. I wouldn't mind, but I don't need them.

35. Favorite Food?
Potatoes. My third grade teacher, Miss Brown, gave a pro-potato speech once, and convinced me they were the greatest food. It had something to do with history and variety, too, her speech.

36. Scary Movies or Happy Endings?
Happy. 37. Last movie you watched?
The Breakup, with Holly

38. Favorite Day of the Year:
Christmas No, Christmas Eve

39. Summer or winter?
Winter.

40. Hugs or Kisses?
Either, neither or both. Spontaneity and honesty.

41. Favorite dessert? Not particular.

42. Who Is Most Likely To Respond?
43. Least likely to respond?
It's not by e-mail so n/a.

44. What's On Your Mouse Pad?
Brown suede kind of thing.

45. What's On Your Screensaver?
A sheepherder's wagon, with a kitchen in back like a chuckwagon—a photo I took when Marty and I went to ghost towns in southwestern New Mexico. This wagon is in Shakespeare. Behind us were buildings.


Oh wait... that's the desktop.
Screensaver is a collection of green tree photos that came with the Mac


46. What Did You Watch on TV last night?
Nothing. Watched the Tony Awards the night before that.

47. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles

48. What's the furthest you've been from home?
Bridlington, in NE England

1 comment:

Sandra Dodd said...

Update ten years later. I've been farther than Bridlington now. Netherlands, France, Portugal, India. Australia. Big ten years, for me, for travelling. Stayed with friends everywhere, and one was Schuyler from whose blog I lifted the questions above. I've stayed with her family in Carleton Rode, Norfolk, UK, and near Gold Coast, Australia.