Friday, May 08, 2009

Flowery Friday Fill-In

The irises are in our little west side yard. These are the offspring of some irises planted here 25 years or more ago, that were neglected for a many years, and then came up when we watered. They've spread and I've moved them to various different places, but their ancestor irises were put in by people in the 70's.





1. Apples are to oranges as strangers that pass in the fruitbowl.

2. Negativity and cynicism make the world go around (and round and down the toilet,) and that's all I have to say about that.

3. I think I hear a bell
Said the false knight on the road
It's ringing you to hell
Said the wee boy and still he stood.

4. It's not the greatest fill-in to have a blank and then just one word, like "flag."

5a. Do what you want to do, but if possible, stay off of my blue suede shoes.
5b. Do what you want to do, but don't do it without thinking.
5c. Do what you want to do, but but don't blame your imaginary friend.

6. In a folded newspaper hat he marched down the road and behind him was a Radio Flyer wagon; in the wagon was a bucket filled with flowers for his grandmother.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to reading and sleeping, tomorrow my plans include admiring my hanging tomato plants and working in the yard and Sunday, I want to post a photo of me and Holly and an ivy plant with an important story.!

2 comments:

Happy Campers said...

I love irises. There's a lady with acerage in our area who lets folks come & dig up irisis (you pay for them) to plant at your house. She's got a ton of varities. I love how they come back so big & pretty every year. Yours are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I think I found your blog by starting at Friday Fill-Ins. Someone has a link to House as a Museum? Too many links; I can't even remember the proper name. Sorry.

I loved it! Just wanted to let you know.

In Samoan a "kilt" is called a lava-lava. :)

Enjoyed your beautiful writing, your blog and your family.