Friday, January 28, 2011

rockets of desire in my vibrational reality

If you think that sounds obscene, check this:

This is a quote:
And you came with powerful intentions to experience contrast and to launch clear rockets of desire into your Vibrational Reality for the purpose of expansion.
WHAT THE HELL!?

Thus sayeth Abraham.
Well, he allegedly "spoke" or texted or transmitted the words above in red. The "What the Hell!? was mine.
Is there a random generator for "Abraham"-onian bullshit?
Does anyone have an example that's loonier than the one above?

By the way, that bit, in context, is
"Babies Are Thinking and Attracting Before They Are Speaking... Even though you are only months old in your physical body, you are a very old and wise creator focused in that baby's body. And you came with powerful intentions to experience contrast and to launch clear rockets of desire into your Vibrational Reality for the purpose of expansion. People often assume that because a child is not yet offering words, the child could not be the creator of its own experience, but it is our promise to you that no one else is creating your experience. Children emanate Vibrations which are the reason for what they attract - even from their time of birth."

--- Abraham

"It is our promise to you..."
Abraham is a plural? Or was that his two friends writing? And what good is such a promise?
If I promise that it's deep stinky bullshit, does that make it so?

It might really be randomly generated. I was only partly joking about that. Here's an example of such a fountain of poo (created for humorous purposes):

A CS Research Topic Generator
or
How To pick A Worthy Topic In 10 Seconds


Then there is a page that gushes bullshit based on an author and book title:
The Outraged Desiring The Abject: Sandra Dodd, Moving a Puddle and Memory
Mourning, Dismembering, Re-marking: Desire in Sandra Dodd and the Perverted Frustration of Autobiography in Moving a Puddle
Perverting Technologies: Animal Edges in Sandra Dodd's Moving a Puddle
Sandra Dodd, Moving a Puddle, and The Oppressed: Reproducing Encoded Problematics
Identifying the Misogynistic Borders in Sandra Dodd: Moving a Puddle and Frustration
The Alterity of Legacy and the Essentialist in Sandra Dodd's Moving a Puddle
Symbolizing the Colonialist Semiotics in Sandra Dodd: Moving a Puddle and Gentility
Re-membering, Voicing, Merging: Postmodernity in Sandra Dodd and the Heterosexual Tyranny of Autobiography in Moving a Puddle
Compulsory Hybridity and the Race of Ethnocentric Fury in Sandra Dodd's Moving a Puddle
Troubling the Problematic Blackness in Sandra Dodd:Moving a Puddle and Desire
I love that last one. "Troubling the Problematic Blackness." The intro to that; the original generator is gone, but was entitled The PoMo English Title Generator, in case it resurfaces someday.

There used to be one like the top one, but for social sciences and education. I couldn't find it online. What I did find was pretty disturbing. People are selling computer-generated papers, built as those are. "Baffle them with bullshit."

So back to the original example. The even wider context is something involving some people channelling an alleged ancient sage, named "Abraham," but older than and not the same as that Abraham in the Bible... why did you think it would be that guy? Just because three of the world's major religions have an "Abraham" central to the story? No, no... it's coincidental.

So these people channel a guy who tells them what to say. And there are many people who prefer to think that they have their ideas from their imaginary friend than to want to know what real people have seen and learned in the real world.

If I say I think it's nonsensical drivel, am I being disrespectful of someone's heartfelt beliefs? When that storybook child said the emperor wasn't wearing any clothes, was he disparaging the honest work of worthy tailors?

For the other side, because I have borrowed artwork from someone into dissecting the wholeness of himself into tiny particles, here is a quote:
"We can only perceive and experience the realities we are vibrationally attuned to, we can only perceive what we believe in and are focus on."
The main problem with that, in my universe, is that it suggests belief creates reality—that if I perceive or believe something that it causes it to be real.

9 comments:

Shan Jeniah Burton said...

This is interesting timing. Yesterday, Annalise told me her room was clean, which it isn't, even remotely, just now. It was a week or two back, before the last game of "see how high a pile we can make to crash in". =)

So I said i didn't think so, and she *promised* her room was in fact clean. I pointed out that promising a thing doesn't make it so, and if i were to promise the sky was plaid with polka dots, that wouldn't actually make the sky match my promise.

To which she answered, "It would be if you DREW it that way!"

I hadn't thought of that. =)

Sandra Dodd said...

The original exchange (which got me ejected without notice from an open-to-anyone, no-host bar called "The Unschooling Experience" is here: http://sandradodd.com/issues/vibrations

I hope there aren't may unschoolers who actually believe that Abraham/Hicks crap is related to or necessary for unschooling.

~Katherine said...

I think plenty of things do not necessarily lead to or support unschooling.

We could make a list. Or not. ;) It would be way longer than the list of things that DO at least sometimes lead to and support unschooling.

If someone made a list of things that must occur in order to support unschooling, would any 'ism appear on it?

My short list:
~~Children to parent
~~Willingness to figure out unschooling
~~At least some ability to make unschooling happen

Jennie said...

My mother spouts this Abraham crap and yes, it's plural. From what I understand Esther Hicks channels a GROUP of spirits known as Abraham. Major juju and new age BS. And I don't know how many, but IMHO there are too many unschoolers who subscribe this stuff.

Cap'n Franko said...

Snicker.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: New Age Cargo Cult silliness.

Lynch Family said...

I had to read this post three times. I have no comment except to ask if you have watched the documentary "Dr. Bronner's Soapbox?"

Bevin said...

This post has been on my mind for days now. And the only thing I can think of is to say I'm sorry to any Christians etc. who I ever scoffed at, because now I get how it feels.

This is your blog and you are welcome to write whatever you like (and in fact I struggled with whether I should even write this comment), but there ARE radical unschoolers out there who appreciate works based on the Law of Attraction. I don't think that LOA/Abraham stuff is NECESSARY for unschooling to work, but it truly has made a (happy) difference in my life, and in how I am with my kids. I know it's kind of kooky sounding, and I've decided I don't care. I'm a part-time atheist with LOA leanings, haha.

Anyway, I hope this makes some sense and didn't come accross as attacking. My intention was to speak my truth gently. Peace.

Sean said...

Thank you for this blog entry. Unschoolers spouting LOA crap and claiming to be secular homeschoolers really gets under my skin. Just get the Kool-Aid out already and have done with it. LOA/Abraham/Hicks has nothing to do with unschooling, it is a cult religion. It would be the same as saying Christianity is required for math.

Sandra Dodd said...

Not from a homeschooling group, but I thought it was as wild, and wanted to keep it.


Sandra Dodd
January 28, 2014 at 2:31 PM ·

This is a quote from something intense and sincere. I will put a note below.

-=-I began to think through such things in an ongoing study of Planetary Catastrophism – the systemic understanding that ancient catastrophes, as documented in the Old Testament, were delivered by the LORD via the instrumentality of stellar bodies.-=-

Holy crap. The instrumentality of catastrophism, combined with assuredness that the world is about to end would make my head hurt if it were not so intently goofy.

The rest of the e-mail was exciting, but I'll spare you all.

The word is defined as this, somewhere out there on the wide world-web: Catastrophism - The opposite of Uniformitarianism and the Geologic Time Scale.

UNIFORMITARIANISM!? Why are crazy people making up words!?

uniformitarianism (ˌjuːnɪˌfɔːmɪˈtɛərɪəˌnɪzəm)
n
1. (Geological Science) the concept that the earth's surface was shaped in the past by gradual processes, such as erosion, and by small sudden changes, such as earthquakes, of the type acting today rather than by the sudden divine acts, such as the flood survived by Noah (Genesis 6-8), demanded by the doctrine of catastrophism
(see catastrophism)
(see uniformitarianism)
(repeat until life is over and one never really lived)