So I'm kind of a-twitch.
The weather might be marionetting me around too. Every day it clouds up and gets humid and then doesn't rain. We had a big verga sunset the other day. Holly climbed up on the roof to get some nice shots without power lines, but there are trees up there. If you click either of the top two photos, you can see other views of our verga sunset.
I watched the third (of five, I think) of the Fruits Basket anime series. It's very sweet, the art is nice, and I'm doing the socio-politically-incorrect thing of listening to it in English. I do some penance by watching all the special features, and if a scene seems odd or pivotal, I might wind back and watch it in Japanese. But the main male character's voice is done by a woman and that distracts me, and the main female character is voiced by someone with a teensy high girlie voice. I prefer it all down an octave. It's Netflix, so I have time to reflect and recover between disks.
The same way I am frustrated every single time that the letter isn't delivered in Romeo and Juliet (when will those people learn!?), I keep thinking maybe in each episode of Fruits Basket they'll figure out that all their problems would be solved if they'd just stop going to school!
Friday Fill In #77 and #78
1. A smile is my umbrella?.
2. Five Crowns is my current favorite board or card game.
3. I would love to have more youth in my life and less old age!
4. When I think of the Summer Solstice, I think of nekkid hippies dancing around a fire when it's summer. Wait for WINTER, crazy hippies!.
5. I just remembered I need to scan the art I did this afternoon.
6. One of my favorite song lyrics goes like this:"If you want to be somebody else, change your mind."
1. Birthdays are coming soon (Keith' next week, and then mine and Kirby's at the end of the month).
2. Autumn is my favorite season because my vines are all blooming, I can wear boots and hoodies, and the air smells good..
3. I feel my best when ... this is too present-tense for the moment, but in my life I felt my best when I was pregnant.
4. Potatoes are my favorite food!
5. First impressions are prone to glitches.
6. The best piece of advice I ever received was be your child's partner, not his adversary. (La Leche League, Carol Rice-McClure and Lori Odhner, my initial leaders. Kathy Hoag soon after, same message.)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to working on an art project with Holly, tomorrow my plans include meeting the Sorooshians at the train station on their way home from New York and Sunday, I want to have slept a long natural sleep without a lot of dramatic and mysterious dreams, and wake up feeling strong and brilliant! (or win a million dollars; either one)