Friday, May 09, 2008

Perspective, and Friday



I'm in contact with some progressive/radical moms in India, and one forwarded an e-mail containing this series of images. Click each one to go to the next. There's a note that went with it, that will appear at the end. If anyone knows of the artist or the original, I'd love to know. It seems to have been scanned from a book. There's a video online of it, but the images aren't as clear and there's distracting music. I'd rather go at my own pace.

If it's a book, I hope I can get a copy!
Marcia found it! Zoom, by Istvan Banjai
and Schluyler found this: http://www.ist-one.com/Zoom/Zoommovie.html (other videos).



And it's Friday! (Late Friday, and I keep forgetting to do this earlier, but here:)


1. The brownies had an extra secret ingredient; it was illegal!
2. I feel a nice breeze through my window.
3. Right now, I need nothing more than I have.
4. To watch Lost with Holly is where I went Thursday night; it was not so far to go!
5. Why does toe-stubbing hurt so much?
6. All I can think of is the connectedness of everything.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to the hot tub, tomorrow my plans include sewing and Sunday, I want to cook!

4 comments:

Christa said...

Sandra, I loved the series of pictures. I actually enjoyed the format of clicking through each one individually, wondering what the next surprise would be. A book would have been very different, maybe.

Thanks.

~Christa

Marcia said...

This is delightful! I think I found the book title: "Zoom" by Istvan Banyai. Thanks for sharing this with us.

~ Marcia

Schuyler said...

There is a video of this, more, different, and the same at the author's webpage

Deb Lewis said...

Zoom was on the Harvard summer school reading list one year. Last year? Well, some year.

Deb Lewis