The name of this post is the best part. I have made four of the most boring videos possible, but each has a good moment or two.
I had hoped to do a video of Twinkies near Moon Pies, but...
And then I thought other things are distinctly American, not just Texas, and started to show the sodas in ice, and noticed later the ice sign up behind.
Then we stopped in Alamogordo at Keith's parents' house. In this video you'll see most of Keith's brother Gerry. You'll see and hear Holly. Near the end Keith and I are talking. That's Keith in the "Team Holly" t-shirt on the patio.
Holly had wanted to get two small tortoises. The only two that have come out of hibernation were BIG ones. They came out, mated, and were put in that cardboard box. They're too big for what Holly wanted, which was to watch a tortoise or two for a few months and then take them back to grandma's back yard where there are twenty or so, thanks to two highway-rescued tortoises from several years ago.
There is some commentary having nothing to do with tortoises, having more to do with relatives.
Here's Holly dancing in the rain in Austin last Sunday. Gratuitous Holly-photo.
And here are my Friday Fill-Ins:
1. Two of my favorite ingredients in a drink are chocolate and milk!
2. Marty often amazes me.
3. You can keep doing that forever, the dog is not bilingual.
4. Food, friends and games, mix it all together and voila! You have a party!.
5. If I had a yard with a garden, I would love to grow tomatoes. (I do have a yard and I do grow things, but if I lived where there was plenty of rain and space, I would like to grow tomatoes.)
6.Taking a shower is best au naturel.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sleeping, tomorrow my plans include not leaving the house and Sunday, I want to work in the yard! (Maybe that sounds boring, but last weekend was four days of non-stop travel and eating out and movies and meeting people and seeing Kirby, and that was great, and I was tired, and then I didn't feel well and the next day I had a big bad dentist's appointment and now it's Friday again! I want to do nothing that involves leaving this house for a while.