Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Keith and I visited Kirby

I found this was still a draft, dated April 4. I think I had wanted to add photos to it, but I was having a hard time uploading them. I'm going to send it without.



We drove to Austin Wednesday, March 27 spent three very busy days with Kirby, and drove home on our 29th anniversary, Sunday March 31.

We had a really good time. We went with Kirby to his regular Thursday night karaoke, and stayed the whole six hours. Friday, we went to Longhorn Cavern, and later to see Esther's Follies on 6th Street. They were both REALLY fun, but too much for one day.

Saturday, we went to the Ladybird Johnson wildflower center, ate at Kerby Street Cafe, and went to the Alamo Draft House to see Olympus has Fallen.

Kirby is sweet and patient and nice and kind to everyone.

While we were there, he found that he had gotten the shift he had requested, so later in April he'll be working from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. five days a week with Friday and Saturday off. That means he has two days to recover from karaoke each week. :-)

Here are some I saved (small format, though) for Just Add Light, from that drive and visit:

JustAddLight's NM-TX album on Photobucket

No comments: