Mention six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself. Tag six other bloggers by linking to them. Go to each person's blog and leave a comment that lets them know they've been tagged. If you participate, let the person who tagged you know you've posted your quirks!
Ronnie did not tag me, but I lifted it from her blog anyway.
1) Hardly anything about me is boring.
2) I'm modest.
I guess I'd better go to eight due to my damning start.
6) I can't be in the room with someone using nail clippers. Probably not in the next room either. The sound does to me what I believe squeaking chalk on a chalkboard does to some people. My nervous system has little convulsions starting from somewhere around my neck and traveling in little waves down my arms and legs. It's horrible. But I can clip my own nails without that happening, especially if I've soaking them in a shower or tub first.
5) I invented "popcorn inoculation" and I use it. Half an hour before leaving for a movie, I try to make microwave popcorn and eat enough that when I get to the theater the smell of popcorn won't make me want any. It has saved me a ton of money and made my life much happier.
4) I like to read myself to sleep with unimportant fluff, so that if I fall asleep I don't miss anything important, so I read People and Entertainment Weekly sometimes at bedtime, or if I wake up and am having a hard time getting back to sleep. When something's really good (like the essays by Diablo Cody or Stephen King), I'll read it whole the next morning.
3) I love to hear stories about other people's childhood experiences with religion and about when they first started seeing adults as everyday people.
2) When Keith's not home, I completely close the closet doors in our room, and that protects me from spookiness at night.
1) Because I have very bad number memory and very zippy thoughts, when I'm cooking and measuring or doing something else that involves counting, I count backwards. Then I don't lose count. Like if a recipe needs four cups of flour, I start with four and go to one. Otherwise I might have to dump it back in and start again. Seriously. And though it doesn't apply to things in writing, I went backwards on this so I would remember to include the counting backwards trick.
I don't like to tag people on these kinds of chain things, so I don't. (So if you come here and it seems fun, feel free to pick it up and take it on out. Tag or not as is your preference. I'd like to know you did so I can read yours, though, so leave a note.)