What is outside my front door: Dark yard with little lights in the trees in the dark. Tomorrow, shady yard with mountains on the horizon. Birds eating in the bird feeders (tomorrow).
What is on my mind: I hope my computer isn't dying.
Things I am thankful for right now: Lack of commitments; wide-open days galore.
What I am reading: All Will be Well... (and I wish I'd hurry and finish it so I can start Thrumpton Hall)
Goings on inside the house: Holly and Brett are watching a movie; a friend of theirs was here and left a while ago. Keith is sleeping. A dress Holly is wearing to a wedding on Saturday is on spin cycle. Dog has eaten, cats have eaten; it's midnightish.
What I am listening to: Holly and I watched Across the Universe, but right now I hear distant sounds of Holly and Brett and the washing machine.
What I want: A continuation of what I have. To keep appreciating what I have. I know these peaceful days won't last forever.
Things I'm creating: an evergrowing website, revamped jeans for Holly, a sample basket Holly is copying, flower garden
Things from the kitchen: Bread pudding with raisins (the best bread pudding I have ever made, ever).
What I have planned for today: We did everything on the plan. The car breaking was extra, but it was kind enough to do it in the driveway of the house, and we were able to go to Plan B.
What I have planned for this week: Helping Marty and Holly do what they need to do and be where they need to be; rearranging some things so there's more room in the storage room for Kirby-stuff; filing music (continuing to file music); help Keith with a jigsaw puzzle of a scene from a Russian fairy tale we don't know... putz around.
Some current favorites: The King and I commentary; Marty's girlfriend, Marty's joy in his jeep ownership; knowing Holly's in love, Brett's smile, Kirby's phone calls and memories of his visit
II: Baskets made to look like birds' nests.
Cotton rope and yarn, tapestry needles, Holly and I working on different ends of the same rope to make nests for electronic birds. Here's Holly's half finished (we'll finish tomorrow):
1. You know you're old when they ask if you qualify for the senior discount.
2. My heart is divided between going out and doing everything and staying home forevermore.
3. What I have right now is what I need RIGHT NOW!
4. I have felt the transcendent joy of love, I have known the depths of remorse and regret.
5. Gah, won't these people see they beautiful sky instead of the weeds and the dirt?
6. Be as happy as you can be as soon as you can!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to rain, and being with Keith, tomorrow my plans include working in my wonderful yard and Sunday, I want to go to a movie with Holly!