Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Gratitude on Wednesday

#1 I'm grateful that Holly's first motorcycle ride was fun and she returned safely. (She was riding behind her dad, and they didn't go far, but my mothering instincts still went haywire.)

#2 I'm grateful for running water, and that mine runs.

#3 I'm grateful for flush toilets, and that ours all flush. (You have to hold the handle down on that one downstairs, but still...)

#4 I'm grateful for washing machines, and that ours works. Dryer, ditto.

#5 I'm grateful for automobiles and that we have some and that they're running.

Looking up that list, I'm reminded how grateful I am for my friend and husband, Mr. Keith Edward Dodd. Him and modern technology.


Last week's Wednesday gratitude is here: http://sandradodd.blogspot.com/2008/10/gratitude.html
There will be a few more before Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

kelli said...

I love this picture of them :)

It reminds me of riding with my dad. My dad and brothers are harley lovers. I have good memories around motorcycles. Tim on the other hand has fearful feelings toward them, his parents never liked them and said they'd NEVER have one around.
Abbi loves them, but in our family it would be me giving her the ride *g*