Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Robins, pictures and parts



I found this Robin's skull when Keith and I were working in the yard the other day. I thought it was a mushroom at first. I'm glad we didn't break it.

It's been on a paper plate in the kitchen for several days, and now it's carefully packed up to sell on eBay. Here, look, if you want maybe to own the skull of a robin that once lived in my yard.

The skull is 2.25" long (to the tip of the beak).

It's not the same robin, but this year there was a nest Holly could see from her room and there were two eggs, and two babies. We gave the empty nest later to the state museum of natural history, for their kids' hands-on room.

2 comments:

Heather's Moving Castle said...

My boys have a nature collection and would love this. Thanks for ebaying it! :)

~Heather
HAB1209

Sandra Dodd said...

Thank you for bidding on it! :-)