Monday, December 28, 2009

The Love of Paper

December 28 Stationery. When you touch the paper, your heart melts. The ink flows from the pen. What was your stationery find of the year?

I used to love paper a LOT, and I still use a fair amount of it, and I still own a great deal of it. This year I didn't discover any new paper. That's kinda sad!!!

The best paper I have is some 100% cotton typing paper. It's almost fluffy!

I've been using tissue paper to wrap copies of the Big Book of Unschooling, various kinds of tissue paper, and some is good and some is better, and occasionally there's some that I almost don't want to use for so mundane and practical a purpose.

The paper I use most this year is used paper towels (greasy is best), the paper from sticks of butter, and shredded paper that comes from cleaning old files and sorting through the mail. And I use all those for lighting the fire in the stove that heats the hot tub. Not quite "stationery," but my pen lately has been the computer and my stationery has been this blog (and a few other online cards, tablets and frames, as it were).

No comments: