Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thinking about an advertisement...

December 30 Ad. What advertisement made you think this year?

Went to see Harry Potter at the theatre in the mall at the base of Norwich Castle. During the pre-movie bits there was something about "Visit Britain," with a website for tourism. A teenaged girl sitting in front of us kinda snorted and said "Who would want to visit Britain!?" I was too tired to argue with her. I fell asleep a couple of times during the movie, and didn't feel well later, and lost my glasses at the mall.

In an early December issue of People Magazine there was a General Motors ad that said "Ideas are sexy too."
I had already blogged about that when it was new. I wrote I think it's cute. I think it looks like a fusion of Mark Wahlberg, Sam Elliott and Albert Einstein. What human of any gender could complain about that!?

I wasn't the only one who thought it was cool.
"This is my favorite ad... Ever.... Ideas are sexy too."

"This is what I saw when I opened my People magazine today. I would actually want to learn science if they looked like that!"

No comments: